Monday, December 5, 2011

A Baby Girl!

Oh, how excited I am to have found out today that Josh and I are expecting our first little girl in April! I thought our first little boy was going to be a girl, and I had a hard time believing what the ultrasound showed me a year ago. Today, I went into this ultrasound convinced I was having another boy because I have had one clone of a pregnancy: pretty much no sickness at all...

But again I was wrong... however, despite my inability to predict my own kids' sexes, I have now accepted the fact that this new little baby will be a girl, and this evening I broke out all the cute little dresses and outfits Josh had me start buying almost three years ago. We are set on Baby's wardrobe for the first year of her life (minus pajamas and tights).

I think I have the baby furniture all picked out as well. If I can get it, it is a beautiful white set from Treasure Rooms. Right now it is on back order and wouldn't come in for several months, but I might still change my mind.

One of the things I am most happy about having a girl for is the fact that little girls grow up, move away, and then come home. Little boys just grow up and move away.

I have every intention of making Micah's wife my "best friend." If she is covered with tattoos, and I really don't like what she stands for, I will still show interest in what she enjoys and love the dickens out of her. I know the key to seeing my son is my daughter in law's like or disdain of me.

But having a daughter is different. Usually little girls grow up and continue to go home. Girls grow up and get homesick. Girls call their mom's when they have babies of their own to ask how it was when they were babies. Girls want advice from their moms. Mom's get to help plan their daughters' weddings.... mother in laws don't (normally) get to do that!

So I am so happy that I am having this precious baby girl. I was not expecting to get to have one this (well, really next) year. I am so excited to plan how I'm going to decorate her room. I'm excited to pick out her bedding and paint her walls. I'm excited to put her wonderful little dresses on those tiny white hangers (the only clothing I fold are the pajamas).

And as for the name... well, everybody will just have to wait until she's born to be introduced to her officially, but I have had her name picked out since before Micah was born... though I'm a bit unsure on the middle name.

Thank you, Lord, for my precious baby girl! Thank you for letting her be healthy and strong! Thank you for all her bouncing activity! Thank you for the technology you've allowed us man to create so that we can know so far in advance what sex our little babies will be! Thank you for the joy that is surrounding this new little soul of yours. Hold her and keep her safe all the days of her life. Thank you for choosing and loving her and for choosing me to be her Mommy!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful mommy. Beautiful baby. You have been the beautiful baby. You have been the beautiful mommy. Now a little bitty girl of your own. We love you and Josh and Micah and baby booboobutt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Can't wait to see what she will look like!

    ReplyDelete