Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Shouldn't Complain...

But why else would I have started this new post!?

My little Micah will be three months old in 13 days. He is such a trooper. I don't understand why in the world God has blessed me with a child who has slept six and a half hours at night since he was two weeks old... a child who sometimes sleeps nine hours at night. I don't understand why I "deserve" a child who NEVER cries unless he needs to eat or burp. I can count on one hand the amount of times that he has cried when I haven't been able to figure out a reason.

So why am I complaining? I guess I'm a bit selfish. I love schedules. Micah has been on a schedule since the day we got him home from the hospital. My husband got me this AWESOME thing called an Itzbeen. It helps me keep Micah on a schedule without really having to think.

However, Micah and I have done A LOT of traveling since he's been born.What does traveling do to a baby? It throws him off his schedule. I don't mind if Micah eats before he is scheduled to when he is traveling, because I don't think others should have to listen to a fussy baby. (Editor's note: I am not crazy about Micah's schedule when he is at home. I always feed him early when it is obvious that he is hungry and not just bored!)

Where all have I/we been? Geez, I wish I had written it down.

We have made several trips to Rolla and/or Jefferson City to visit both sets of Micah's grandparents. Micah was babysat by my mother for a few days while I helped with disaster relief in Joplin. We have gone to Minnesota to visit his great grandparents and great uncle and aunt. We have gone to Wisconsin (within the same Minnesota trip) to look at a car- (Josh leaves tomorrow to go back up there and get that car by the way- I will stay in Jefferson City with his mother.) We are leaving for Oklahoma next week to visit my cousin. We are leaving for Alabama in two and a half weeks for a vacation that's been scheduled quite a long time.

Written all out like that it doesn't seem like very much traveling, but I guess the trips to my parents' house have been plenty, and we don't just stay for one day.

My husband is blessed to have a schedule where he works three days and then has four days off. He then works four days and has three days off. There is plenty of time for us to travel. Me sometimes alone with Micah, and me sometimes with Josh and Micah.

I have only been home one solid week (seven days) in a row since Micah has been born... except that first week he was born when I was in the hospital for three days.

I should feel grateful that I have so many  loved ones who want to spend time with me and Micah, and yet I find myself thinking- why won't anybody ever come visit him at our house?? I have invited people tons of times. Nobody ever comes. (Editors note: This is SO NOT TRUE! Everybody in our families who does not live in Minnesota has come to our house to visit Micah if they have physically been able to make the trip... I am just complaining, and saying how I feel!)

But like I said, I guess I'm just selfish, I know I have more time to travel than anybody else who I'm asking to come visit me and Micah.

So here's my rant: I am NOT sick of visiting with family or friends. I look forward to it more than any of them probably know. However, I am very sick of living out of a suitcase... coming home only long enough to do the laundry and pack it all up again. I am tired of Micah's schedule always being compromised for the sake of traveling.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go pack. We are leaving again when Josh gets home from work tonight!

3 comments:

  1. haha, you crack me up. i understand but i am also selfish and am SO GLAD you are coming to visit me! now, aunt donna, when are you coming???
    ps: alicia, i will come again as soon as i can! (to StL)

    ReplyDelete