Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Favorite Book

Good morning! Happy Veteran's Day to all our men and women who have served and are serving our country with their lives. A special Thank you to my husband for his nine years of service! (Though I'm glad you decided not to reenlist since we have a kid on the way... even though we didn't end up moving to Canada!)

I hate saying this. I wish it weren't true. I truly, truly hate this about myself.... but I can't pick a favorite book. I HATE READING! Oh how much easier and enjoyable life would be if I always had a good book or three that I was in the middle of... but alas, I am one of the slowest readers I know, and I don't really like to read it unless it is a super easy read. When I was a kid my three favorite books were The Man Who Loved Clowns, Wonder, and The Indian in the Cupboard. Today I'd have to say my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

Those four books combined are probably ones of only 10 maybe 20 that I have read in their entirety. (Not including little six page kids books).

How do I cope with a pure hatred of reading yet a desire to have books read? Books on tape!!

I love them!! I love the Narnia series and anything with a British (male) reader. The problem is they are tricky to find. For all those who care... I am really wanting Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice on audio book. This would be a FANTASTIC Christmas gift for me! Plus, any other fun, cheap audio book you see along the way! (I don't do horror. Period.)

So that's about it. My battery is about to be completely dead, so I'll wrap this up. Have a great day, all! To all my veterans or veteran's families... get your free dinners at Applebee's today. Josh and I plan to tonight!

3 comments:

  1. hey dude, i love checking audio books out from the library! sometimes they're scratched (like the Horse Whisperer...i listened to just enough of it to get me REALLY interested and then it wouldn't play). but anyway, it's free!
    also, i'm sorry you don't like to read. i read 26 books this summer when i didn't have much to do. lol. i know, i have no life. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Last Unicorn right now. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know The Last Unicorn was a book!

    ReplyDelete